Thursday, November 15, 2007

Numba ONE

Okay so I decided to answer nuber one. I enjoyed reading and responding to the posts. I realize my post is late and won't recieve any or little credit. I have to voice my opinion as you have all seen I have one. I don't know what was said on thursday which I regret not being able to make it there. So from tuesdays class and the response from thursday I will attempt to pick a side here. I am okay with English not becoming the official language here in the good old U S of A. I do have a BIG problem with the people here in the USA illegally who don't learn English and don't want to. I also don't agree with anyone coming and not doing it legally. I think we need programs like English + to help with this problem. I would NEVER show up to let's say China and expect them to learn English so I could make it. Just the opposite like Nadia said she didn't expect people to learn Portuguese she knew she needed English. I agree with the melting pot theory and that we should let anyone who wants to come here in. As long as it's legally. I know what it is like to live out of the country it's hard at first. But not a single soul learned english for me or printed everything in English so I could understand. I conformed yep I did and I now have a deep love for Brazil. If you are here learn english! Don't abandon your natural language but learn english this is america right? We fought for our freedom fight to be here by at least trying to learn the not quite official language!

No comments: