Sunday, December 9, 2007

been fun

Though this is probably one of the more challenging classes I've ever taken, I feel it has also been one of the most valuable. I took the class as a requirement for the Associates of Arts in Humanities that I am working towards. So in the aspect of what it is to be human, language is undoubtedly a key part of the study. I was always very interested in the topics of the class, but the amount of reading (or the time to do it) was probably the hardest aspect of the class for me to keep up on.

I enjoyed the metaphors in language the most, and I also enjoyed thinking about how language use evolves in such examples as Ebonics, Spanglish and Texting.

I know these blog assignments were not loved by everyone, but I liked it. I thought that through reading everyone's post that it helped me to grasp the ideas being taught, and it accomplished this even better when the responses became mandatory.

Thanks to everyone.

No comments: